- 23-Feb-2017 to 07-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Rocky Hill, CT, USA
- Full Time
CTNext, a quasi-public subsidiary of Connecticut Innovations (CI) is currently seeking a Program Manager who will be responsible for the administration and program development of the Innovation Places Program. CTNext aims to foster innovation and entrepreneurship by building a more robust and collaborative entrepreneurial environment within Connecticut. CTNext is comprised of a full array of strategic economic development programs in an effort to stimulate and sustain a community infrastructure for entrepreneurs in Connecticut.
The Innovation Places program, launched in July 2016, is an innovation place-based economic development strategy designed to support entrepreneurs and local leaders developing places that will attract the talent high-growth enterprises need and increase knowledge sharing that leads to innovation.
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree plus five (5) years' leadership experience in project management, grants management and program development; extensive knowledge of community and economic development, specifically innovation place-based economic development and innovation districts; working knowledge of infrastructure, and transit-oriented development; familiarity with policy, contract and procurement, tech entrepreneurs, small business, and higher education institutions. Hands-on operating experience and demonstrated leadership is required as this position will represent CTNext in a variety of forums. An MBA or master's degree can be substituted for up to one year of the above described experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as project manager and team leader for the Innovation Places Program as well as oversee activities related to the Higher Education Initiative;
- Manage and provide oversight of funding assistance to grant recipients, ensuring appropriate uses of funds, and timely and in-budget deliverables;
- Develop, coordinate, plan and manage all Innovation Places Program activities as well as related activities for the Higher Education Initiative;
- Act in supervisory role and actively manage team members and/or consultants and vendors to execute work product;
- Act as liaison and work with other economic development agencies to ensure awareness and alignment with the intent of the Innovation Places Program;
- Contribute to the development of content for all materials and documents related to the process and procedures, implementation and ongoing analysis and evaluation of the Innovation Places program as well as the Higher Education Initiative;
- Coordinate with marketing staff as necessary to manage the development and updates made to all collateral, including but not limited to brochures, flyers and website, and work with marketing to supply information to generate press releases and awareness;
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with statutory and reporting requirements relevant to the Innovation Places Program;
- Communicate and work with internal and external stakeholders and interested parties to ensure program understanding of goals and objectives related to the Innovation Places Program as well as the Higher Education Initiative;
- Monitor progress, evaluate, analyze and interpret the impact decisions will have on the successful implementation and sustainability of the Innovation Places Program;
- Manage and coordinate ongoing stakeholder engagement opportunities for Innovation Places Program grant awardees and participants providing a network of resources, support and technical assistance linking participants to appropriate resources as needed, including but not limited to workshops, webinars, subject matter expertise, etc.;
- Assist with ideation and execution of new strategic initiatives;
- Monitor legislation related to economic development and conduct policy research and general research as required for the success of the program; and
- Provide status reports periodically as needed; and perform related duties as directed by the Executive Director.
CTNext is a leader in fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in Connecticut. We offer a full array of programs designed to equip entrepreneurs with the tools they need to grow and succeed in Connecticut. We offer a great opportunity to learn, be creative, and have a measurable and significant impact.
Closing Date: Extended to April 7, 2017 or until a qualified candidate is identified